Professional Support Officer
The Professional Support Officer will help promote the well-being of members of the Association. They will have the experience to help signpost members to appropriate support services and information.
Reports to: Chair and Trustees
Term: 3 years (reviewed after 1 year)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Signpost members to support services and information.
- Provide advice and guidance to members on welfare matters.
- Liaise with key teams across the Association to propose and create event concepts and themes that promote the welfare of members.
- Help develop and deliver a peer support service for surgeons in difficulty.
- In a surgical specialty as defined by the Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the UK.
- On the GMC specialist register (doctors who are eligible to take up appointment in any fixed term, honorary or substantive consultant post in the NHS).
- Experience supporting Doctors in Difficulty – but not essential.
- Experience in Medical Education as a Clinical/Educational Supervisor or Programme Director – but not essential.
Apply for a role
To apply, please complete our application form: