Why Join Us?
As a member of BABS, you’ll benefit from access to a range of resources designed to support you to flourish at every stage of your career.
Our member benefits include:
- Access to the UK’s largest professional community of Black surgeons. Enjoy opportunities to engage in important dialogue and networking whilst receiving invaluable support and forming lifelong friendships.
- Invitations to exclusive events, seminars, conferences and courses.
- Free access to the members’ area of the BABS website as well as our upcoming app.
- Discounted entry to local, national and online events.
- Access and support to apply for BABS grants and awards. Receive useful reminders about milestones as well as assistance in implementing projects.
- Develop research and training in line with our objectives.
- The opportunity to join the BABS leadership team and develop skills in management, organisation and strategy.
Join us today and be a part of our journey. All surgeons, students and health professionals welcome.
To sign up, fill out our application form below.
Surgeons who are on the GMC Specialist Register in a surgical subspecialty as defined by The Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the UK; and in practice in the UK.
Annual Fee: £80
Surgeons currently practising in the UK in any surgical subspecialty as defined by the Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the UK. These individuals are not on the Specialist Register and are not pursuing a training objective. This category includes staff grade, associate specialist and specialty doctor posts.
Annual Fee: £60
Specialty trainees in the UK and in an approved surgical training post leading to the award of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in a surgical specialty as defined by the Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the UK (i.e. those with a National Training Number); and specialty trainees who are within core surgical training but who have not yet been selected for run-through training.
Annual Fee: £40
Doctors who are practising in the UK, in a specialty not defined by the Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the UK, but who are on the GMC specialist register.
Annual Fee: £70
Foundation Year 1 or 2 doctors working in the UK or interested in pursuing a career in surgery in the UK.
Annual Fee: £30
Doctors who are practising in the UK, in a specialty not defined by the Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the UK, and are not on the GMC specialist register.
Annual Fee: £40
Qualified healthcare professionals who have a commitment to the delivery of care to surgical patients in the UK.
Annual Fee: £40
Bonafide students of a medical school in the UK or interested in pursuing a career in surgery in the UK on submission of a formal application.
Annual Fee: Free
Individuals in a surgical subspecialty as defined by the Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the UK working outside the UK who want to engage with the British Association of Black Surgeons.
Annual Fee: £25
Individuals who have retired from active practice will be eligible to apply for election to Retired membership category. Retirement from active practice will be determined by whether the Member derives any income from any activities related to surgery - including medico-legal work - and members will be asked to confirm if they pay an annual subscription to a medical defence union and/or the GMC (or other relevant certification body).
Annual Fee: £10
Sign up today
Apply now to become a member of BABS.